MandM

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Entering the Theme Parks: Park Hopper or Not?

Disney's ticket media is known as Magic Your Way because you can choose what features you want.

One of the main options, aside from the number of days you want on your ticket, is the Park Hopper option.

With the Park Hopper option, you have the capability of visiting more than one park on any given day. Without the Park Hopper option, you can only visit one park.

In a recent survey, I found that 65% of respondents usually choose the Park Hopper option. Since I polled Disney veterans, this number is much higher than average.

In reality, the numbers are probably flipped. Most people don't choose the Park Hopper because they don't want to pay for the privilege and think that they can just do one whole park each day.

While that is certainly an option that can make for an enjoyable time, I know that I find I'm in the camp that feels, "I don't know what I'd do without park hopping!"

There have been many times where I go to one park in the morning, take an afternoon break and then go to a different park in the evening. I love the flexibility that a Park Hopper provides.

You'll find that the people without hopping privileges will be at the park for Wishes, Fantasmic, etc. This can work to your advantage if you have a Park Hopper. Let's say Fantasmic is showing only on Monday and Thursday. People that don't have Park Hoppers will most likely be at Hollywood Studios on one of those days so they can see F! If you are hoping for more time and less crowds at Toy Story Midway Mania, go to DHS on days after F! shows and you'll probably see fewer people.

And what about dining? (Here I go...back to the food again.) What if it was your Magic Kingdom day and you just had a hankering to go to Epcot for dinner? Without Park Hoppers, you couldn't do that.

So weigh all the features and benefits of Park Hopping. Decide how valuable it is to you and your travel party. I know for me, I need that flexibility to make my vacation that much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment