MandM

Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

This Week: The Disney Dream, Fantasyland Updates, Star Wars 2.0 News

Lots of great news came out this week and boy, it's been fun to read!  Especially since before a couple of days ago, Minnesota was really living up to its "Great White North" nickname in terms of cold!  It's been a bear of a winter this year.  We've had a boatload of snow (love it) and some serious Arctic cold for a while (hate it).

Disney Dream Takes Its Maiden Voyage!


Last week, the Dream did a two-day media preview, but this week it left on the "official" Maiden Voyage.  So far, I'm seriously impressed with all the stuff I'm seeing.  And that's saying something, because I'm not a fan of cruising.  I'm sooooo not in love with being stuck on a boat, even though I know there's supposed to be tons to do.  And I'm not a sit-by-the-pool-and-read type.  I'm a get-in-the-pool-and-swim type and I know that the pools on ships are teeny-tiny.

But I'm digressing...Anyway...I'm really thinking that I could handle a 5-Day Double-Dip on the Dream for next Spring Break.  I'd have to get 2 cabins (ouch) because the last cruise we did, my son was all upset to hear his parents snoring!  So I'm thinking that I'd get an inside cabin and a verandah cabin across the hall from each other. We'll have to see if I can talk the lone holdout into giving it a shot.


Fantasyland Update

So Disney announced a ton of Fantasyland updates to its current expansion.

I'm all about the food so I was pleased as punch to see a snippet on the Be Our Guest Restaurant that will be in the "mysterious" West Wing of the Beast's Castle.  Here's what Disney had to say about it:

Set in the halls of the Beast's Castle, this location will seat up to 550 guests and offer "great food fast" service by day and be full table service in the evening.


Sounds pretty exciting to me!  Not your usual fast food, but maybe a step up from that.  And I'm just dying to see what the menu looks like!

I'm also very intrigued by the re-imagining of Snow White's Scary Adventures as it becomes the Seven Dwarves Mine Ride.  The ride vehicle is supposed to be state-of-the-art and able to swing side to side to the fun music as you visit the mine!  Sounds like fun!

Star Wars 2.0 and Star Wars Weekends

Meg Crofton announced that Star Tours will open in 3D on May 20, 2011, which will also be the first Star Wars Weekend of this year.

There are usually four weekends, so if that pattern holds, the following should be the Star Wars Weekends this year:

  • May 20-22
  • May 27-29
  • June 3-5
  • June 10-12
So, what do you think about all of this?






No comments:

Post a Comment